· In our last entry, I introduced the idea of keeping your brand fresh and updated, and provided an overview of how to do that.
· Today I want to give you the tools you need to implement a daily routine that will impact the freshness of your personal brand.
· I believe that everyone should implement 5 Fresh Steps into their daily routine.
· These are tasks or practices that you will do every day in order to keep yourself in top shape professionally.
· To start, look for a model in your industry that you can use as a springboard for creating your 5 Fresh Steps.
· If you are in real estate, you may want to look at Donald Trump’s habits, for example.
· Trump’s 5 Fresh Steps are
1. Rises at 6:00 a.m.
2. Spends an hour reading newspapers.
3. Arrives at work by 9:00 a.m.
4. Makes 50 to 100 phone calls per day.
5. Has at least a dozen meetings per day, each of which lasts no longer than 15 minutes.
· Your 5 Fresh Steps can be refined for your own goals and preferences. Yours might be
1. Rise at 7:00 a.m.
2. Read at least three industry-relevant articles per day.
3. Contact a minimum of 15 potential clients daily.
4. Take a client or business contact to lunch at least three days per week.
5. Have two showings of listed property daily.
· What would your 5 Fresh Steps look like? Share your ideas below.
For leadership coaching, professional development training, customer service training, customer service tips, college success tips, or to learn how to build a personal brand, how to improve customer service, or how to succeed in college, contact Michael D Brown, a premier leadership speaker, customer service speaker, and college motivational speaker at http://www.myfreshbrand.com, http://www.freshcustomerservice.com, or http://www.52collegesuccesstips.com.