- You can choose where you want to work, what you want to do with your life, and how you want to get there, but you cannot choose who you will be working alongside once you get there.
- You are going to encounter negative people along the way, but you can equip yourself to deal with them in such a way that you actually benefit from the experience.
- Below are some common negative experiences you may run into in your professional life and the benefits you stand to gain from handling them well.
- The tyrannical boss: Teaches you how to stay on your toes and deliver results in the most difficult of circumstances
- Lazy coworkers: Force you to shoulder larger workloads than you thought you could handle, and therefore increase your bandwidth for future projects and positions
- Overly demanding customers: Instill in you reserves of patience and diplomacy you never knew you possessed, which will continue to serve you as you progress in your profession
- What negativity have you encountered at work? Were you able to turn it into a positive? Share your experiences below.
For leadership coaching, professional development training, customer service training, customer service tips, college success tips, or to learn how to build a personal brand, how to improve customer service, or how to succeed in college, contact Michael D Brown, a premier leadership speaker, customer service speaker, and college motivational speaker at http://www.myfreshbrand.com, http://www.freshcustomerservice.com, or http://www.52collegesuccesstips.com.